Surftech Rail Rape Kit
Surftech Rail Tape is designed to protect the rails of your SUP from nicks, scratches, and dings. In addition, the textured Rail Tape provides excellent grip when carrying and handling the board. Protects without affecting performance.
New material is easy to apply!
Kit includes 2 3"X72" clear rail tapes, nose guard primer, and easy to follow instructions.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- (2) Work horses or high back chairs to lay the board on.
- Isopropyl alcohol to clean the rails if you are applying to a used board.
- A pencil
- A friend to help you (makes it easier and more fun!)
The Rail Tape is 72" long, the approximate length of the forward and backward stroke of the paddle. The 3" width will cover the center of the rails that are most exposed to nicks and scratches. The tape may be trimmed with scissors if desired.
|1. Lay the board on the work horses or the back rests of two chairs with the deck side up. Clean off any wax, salt, dirt or water from the rails with the isopropyl alcohol.
2. Determine your primary standing fee position on the board. Mark this position on one side of the rail. Use the Rail Tape as a straight edge, and mark this position on the opposite rail.
3. Fold the Rail Tape in half and place one end of the tape on the mark. Extend the tape along the rail towards the tail, and mark the end of the tape on the rail. Do the same towards the tail, and mark the end of the tape on the rail. Do the same towards the nose of the board. Repeat this on the other rail.
4. Determine the center "line" of the rail from tail to nose and use this as a guide for the center of the Rail Tape width.
5. Open the Nose Guard primer pouch and wipe the primer on the entire area of the rail that will be covered by the tape. Primer will dry in 2-3 minutes. Do this on the other rail.
6. Remove the 2-3 inches of the tape liner and place the end of the tape on the rear mark and the center "line" of the rail. Slowly, remove the liner and press the center of the Rail Tape along the center "line" of the rail. Do not press the sides of the tape on the rails at this time. Do this for the entire length of the tape.
7. Starting with the one end of the tape, slowly press the rest of the tape onto the rail. Press out the air bubbles. Do this for the entire length of the tape. Repeat the process on the other rail.
WHEW, that's it! Your SUP rails are now protected from nicks and scratches. Go SUPing and have fun!